this was my first rescue vest and 3 seasons later is my current rescue vest. the initial point that won me over was the stretchy shoulder straps. for me this made all the difference in the comfort level. the next feature that sold me was the size of the main pocket. it easily holds my 50ft throw rope, my knife, a candy bar, and my gopro in its case. everything on it is really straight forward and easy to use. i'm a whitewater SUPer who uses a leash. i have had to pull my release on several occasions. every time went very smoothly. there are only a few points of caution. the vest does stretch considerably when wet; size accordingly. the bulk does make it a touch hard to 'crawl' back onto a SUP board. however, with practice this is very minimal.
Stohlquist Descent Rescue PFD
Stohlquist's Descent Rescue PFD is a comfortable, innovative rescue vest that incorporates the features necessary to have a successful rescue mission. The Descent has Add a Buoy technology to give you more flotation when necessary and the ability to store a rope in the front pouch.
- Body wrapping ergonomically articulated WRAPTURE shaped torso
- Cross chest cinch harness adjustment and self tensioned shoulders for a balanced fit
- Gripp-Loc interior non-slip panel for zero ride up
- 6 adjustments, side pulls, and front waist buckle closure
- Low cut, offset front zip entry with zipper grip tab
- Ventilated lumbar pad
- Free-floating suspended shoulder straps stretch as you move
- Contoured padded shoulder straps
- Nail Cloth textured surface with stiffeners for portaging and added shoulder protection
- High visibility 3M reflective accents